BA post 3

9/21/18



This week I decided to give video art a little more attention. I began working on my mask and trying to get the frame work together.

I also began taking footage to use as layers for my main project. Some of the footage I got ended up inspiring me to make a side project. I spent maybe a total of two hours total standing outside and filming clouds rolling in from before and after a thunderstorm. One video has sound and the second doesn't yet. I used the sounds from outside and warped them using different effects in premiere pro. I'm going to place sound in the second video using my husbands recording software at home at a later date.

The artist that inspired me is Renato Muccillo. He is a painter that focuses on cloud scapes, making them look like you are standing right in front of them. I've always been obsessed with trying to paint clouds, so I kind of ended up deciding to just video them. 


The reading ended up being something I really needed in my life this week. The author spoke about the fear of art and not letting your art fully grow because of these perceived fears. The fear that I'm pretending to be an artist because someone else seems to not be struggling as much as I am was a big one for me. I ended up taking a twisted form of comfort in the idea that every artist struggles because like the reading said, art is hard. 
I ended up not doing the reading until after I had completed these works. But some how it ended up having a lot to do with my thought process this week and how I'm struggling to make sense of what it is exactly that I'm creating. The section on perfection really spoke to me. By trying to make perfect work, I'm hindering myself from letting myself grow as an artist. The line, "The pattern is predictable: as you see error in what you have done, you steer your work toward what you imagine you can do perfectly."I need to let go of the control I feel like I have to have over my work and let the painting and or video be what it needs to be. 

Comments