BA Post 4

9/28/18



This week I made blueberries and a partial painting. Since I am always trying to make a two dimensional object as three dimensional as possible, I wanted to see if I could make a three dimensional object realistic.
  I may want to experiment with other fruits and berries.  With my painting, I began working on trying to make my pigment and embroidery more cohesive. I want the two mediums to exist together instead of separately.


The artist who has been influencing me is Michael Raedecker. I love how his embroidery and paint flows together to create a single idea and image. I want that for my own work.



I enjoyed the section of the reading where it asked me to reflect back on the history of my own work. The writer talked about how they enjoyed their own work more when it was hands on. " After much thought I realized that my favorite projects involved innovation, new tools, and hands-on processes." Creating the blueberries for me was a new exciting experience because I have mainly been working with paint. Creating a three dimensional form but still using the same techniques I use for painting, ended up being inspiring.

Comments